Trucker Spaces.com Terms of Service Agreement Updated 12/26/2008
This site is for truckers, their families, and friends. When you sign up for membership on this site you agree to these rules. These rules are strictly enforced, check back for any rule updates or changes.
TERMS of Service Agreement.
TruckerSpaces.com is a service that allows members to create unique personal profiles on-line in order to find and communicate with your family, old and new friends worldwide, especially in the trucking industry. The services offered by TruckerSpaces.com include the TruckerSpaces.com website (the "TruckerSpaces” Website) the TruckerSpaces.com Internet messaging service, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by TruckerSpaces.com in connection with the TruckerSpaces Website (collectively, the "TruckerSpaces Services"). The TruckerSpaces Services are hosted in the U.S.
These Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the legally binding terms for all users of the TruckerSpaces Services. By using the TruckerSpaces Services, the user agrees to be bound by this Agreement, whether he/she is a "Visitor" (which means that he/she simply browse the TruckerSpaces Website) or he/she is a "Member" (which means that he/she has registered with TruckerSpaces.com). The term "User" refers to a Visitor or a Member. You are only authorized to use TruckerSpaces Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should not use the services of TruckerSpaces Website and discontinue use of the TruckerSpaces Services immediately. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members and make use of the TruckerSpaces Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process.
Terms of Service Agreement. TruckerSpaces.com may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by TruckerSpaces.com on the TruckerSpaces Website. You agree to be legally bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the TruckerSpaces Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated at all times. The information you post on TruckerSpaces.com is restricted as follows: No telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter.
Despite this prohibition, information provided by other TruckerSpaces.com Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and TruckerSpaces.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the TruckerSpaces Services by any person, please contact support@TruckerSpaces.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and report these violations immediately.
TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the TruckerSpaces Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the TruckerSpaces Services is void where prohibited. By using the TruckerSpaces Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 18 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the TruckerSpaces Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age. Current members are exempt from this rule.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the TruckerSpaces Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by time, without warning. Send termination e-mail to support@TruckerSpaces.com.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right to charge for the TruckerSpaces Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If TruckerSpaces.com terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, user-name, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify TruckerSpaces.com immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The TruckerSpaces Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by TruckerSpaces.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the TruckerSpaces Services, including collecting user-names and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the TruckerSpaces Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the TruckerSpaces.com Services.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on TruckerSpaces.com.
1. TruckerSpaces.com does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the TruckerSpaces Services. After posting your Content to the TruckerSpaces Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the TruckerSpaces Services, you hereby grant to TruckerSpaces.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the TruckerSpaces Services. Without this license, TruckerSpaces.com would be unable to provide the TruckerSpaces Services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, TruckerSpaces.com would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, TruckerSpaces.com could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to TruckerSpaces.com is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to TruckerSpaces.com) fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that TruckerSpaces.com is not required to pay you for the use on the TruckerSpaces Services of the Content that you post), sub-licensable (so that TruckerSpaces.com is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the TruckerSpaces Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the TruckerSpaces Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you or TruckerSpaces.com removes your Content from the TruckerSpaces.com Services. The license does not grant TruckerSpaces.com the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant TruckerSpaces.com the right to distribute your Content outside of the TruckerSpaces Services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (a) you own the Content posted by you on or through the TruckerSpaces Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (b) the posting of your Content on or through the TruckerSpaces Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the TruckerSpaces Services.
3. The TruckerSpaces Services contain Content of TruckerSpaces.com ("TruckerSpaces.com Content"). TruckerSpaces.com Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and TruckerSpaces.com owns and retains all rights in the TruckerSpaces.com Content and the TruckerSpaces Services. TruckerSpaces.com hereby grants you the user a limited, revocable, license to reproduce and display the TruckerSpaces.com Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the TruckerSpaces Website and using the TruckerSpaces Services.
4. The TruckerSpaces Services contain Content of Users and other TruckerSpaces.com licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the TruckerSpaces Services.
1. TruckerSpaces.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of TruckerSpaces.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. TruckerSpaces.com assumes no responsibility for monitoring the TruckerSpaces Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time TruckerSpaces.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the TruckerSpaces Services, TruckerSpaces.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. The user solely is responsible for the Content that he/she posts on or through any of the TruckerSpaces Services, and any material or information that he/she transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the TruckerSpaces Services. TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in TruckerSpaces.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the TruckerSpaces Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of TruckerSpaces.com:
1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
4. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
6. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
9. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spamming," or "spamming";
10. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
11. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
12. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
13. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
14. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
15. for bands, filmmakers, models, writers or any other commercial profiles, use of sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile. The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the TruckerSpaces Website and through your use of the TruckerSpaces Services. TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in TruckerSpaces.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
16. criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
17. advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the TruckerSpaces Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the TruckerSpaces Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which TruckerSpaces.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the TruckerSpaces Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to TruckerSpaces.com, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay TruckerSpaces.com $250.00 payable in U.S.D. for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the TruckerSpaces Services;
18. covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any TruckerSpaces.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
19. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
20. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the TruckerSpaces Services or the networks or services connected to the TruckerSpaces Services;
21. attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
22. for bands, filmmakers, models, writers, copying the code for your TruckerSpaces Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles;
23. using the account, user-name, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
24. selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
25. using any information obtained from the TruckerSpaces Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
26. displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the TruckerSpaces Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your Top friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
27. using the TruckerSpaces Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of TruckerSpaces.com to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to TruckerSpaces.com. by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the TruckerSpaces.com Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the TruckerSpaces Services; (d) your address, telephone number, and email address; (e) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
10. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other TruckerSpaces.com Members. TruckerSpaces.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
12. Disclaimers. The information provided on TruckerSpaces.com is provided "as is" with no warranties offered for accuracy or reproducibility. Any individual, corporation, group or body of any description or legal entity attempting to use the information provided by the Owners of TruckerSpaces.com, or other persons, on this web site do so entirely at their own risk. All information provided herein is given as a guide only and should be used in conjunction with any safety procedures governed by local legislation or (in the case of a company) company rules and procedures as laid out by that company. It is not warranted that information described here or elsewhere, will lead to a successful or safe conclusion to any business or private venture carried out.
By providing information on this web site the Owners of TruckerSpaces.com are not forcing the reader to carry out the procedures described, they are provided as part of an information service only and should be treated as such. If you choose to conduct any of the procedures so described then you must take full responsibility for your action and absolve the Owners of TruckerSpaces.com and any other associated bodies from all liability associated with such actions on your part.
It is further not warranted by the Owners of TruckerSpaces.com that all necessary safety information is provided here or elsewhere and you should assess fully the implications of using the information provided before actually utilizing such information. Parties other than TruckerSpaces.com and its subsidiaries operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines on this site. In addition, we provide links to the sites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their web sites. TruckerSpaces.com does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL TruckerSpaces.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF TRUCKERSPACES.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TRUCKERSPACES.COM'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO TRUCKERSPACES.COM FOR THE TRUCKERSPACES SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
14. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the TruckerSpaces Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Alabama, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States. Either TruckerSpaces.com or you may demand that any dispute between TruckerSpaces.com and you about or involving the TruckerSpaces Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in any state of our choosing in the USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent TruckerSpaces.com from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold TruckerSpaces.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the TruckerSpaces Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the TruckerSpaces Website or through TruckerSpaces Services causes TruckerSpaces.com to be liable to another.
16. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the TruckerSpaces Website or any of the TruckerSpaces Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and TruckerSpaces.com regarding the use of the TruckerSpaces Services. The failure of TruckerSpaces.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. TruckerSpaces.com is a trademark of TruckerSpaces.com.
This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed sever able from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: support@TruckerSpaces.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE
TruckerSpaces.com is an online service that allows their members to set up unique personal profiles that can be linked together through networks of friends and associates. TruckerSpaces.com members can view each others' profiles, communicate with old and new friends and meet new friends on the service, share photos, post blogs and comments, and describe their interests. To enrich our members' experience, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends.
TruckerSpaces members can change their profile information at any time and can control how other members and the service communicates with them.
TruckerSpaces.com cares deeply about online privacy. TruckerSpaces.com takes your privacy very seriously and will not share any information about you to any other person or third party unless required to by law. Your transaction and personal information is important to us as it is to you.
For more information you may contact: support@TruckerSpaces.com
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Only you may access the Service using your ID, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by TruckerSpaces.com. The content available through the Service is the property of TruckerSpaces.com or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Content received through the Service may be used and played for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, broadcast, perform, make available to third parties or circulate the content received through the Service to anyone or to exploit any such content for commercial or noncommercial purposes without the express prior written consent of TruckerSpaces.com The website TruckerSpaces.com was not created to promote other businesses for FREE. If a business or organization would like to promote their services or products on TruckerSpaces.com, they should contact us first. Do not create an account on TruckerSpaces.com and advertise your business without authorization.
These rules apply to all areas of TruckerSpaces.com
Summary of Rules
#1: Members may NOT post porn, or links to porn anywhere on the site this includes member profiles. NO semi or fully nude pictures are allowed, as children come in to the site. Please use the “Private or Friends only section for pictures or content that is not suitable for minors or could be viewed as offensive to others. Failure to comply will result in the member being banned from the site immediately.
#2: You may NOT post Illegal, Libelous, and/ or Slanderous content. What YOU post is YOUR responsibility and we will cooperate fully with the law enforcement Members that post any illegal content will be, banned immediately.
#3: Advertising: The advertising of services, businesses, links to other websites, other blogs hosted on other websites, in or on member blogs, pictures, posting advertising, polls, bulletin board or on member guest books or in the chat rooms is forbidden. Use the Classified area for ALL advertising! Do not post telephone numbers, external email addresses, or website addresses in advertising, Use the messaging program on this site. This is for your own safety.
#4: Sending advertising to members in messages or email is considered SPAM which is illegal and strictly forbidden. The members account will be removed from this site. Do not put your personal contact information such as personal email addresses, websites or telephone numbers anywhere on the site; use the messaging center for personal information. Failure to comply will result the member being banned from the site immediately.
#5: Recruiting: You may not, recruit drivers here! You may, in your profile, add one link to your site, etc., but you may NOT use us as a recruiting tool. Let the drivers seek YOU out. This will keep members from being harassed by trucking, brokerages, and recruiting companies. If we find members recruiting or we receive complaints from members about recruiting the member will be banned from the site immediately.
#6: Harassment: Harassing other members in the chat rooms, blogs, and comments on member blogs, private messages, email, or member’s guest books is, forbidden. Harassment because of a member’s age, sex, sexual preferences, political, or religious beliefs or any other reason is, forbidden. The member will be banned from this site Immediately.
#7: Member complaints: the Administrator and or Staff will investigate all complaints. ALL decisions are FINAL. Any member repeatedly complained, about or is caught; harassing other members will be banned immediately. Any complaints will be, kept strictly confidential from other members.
#8: No profane language: This includes in pictures Offending members will be, banned immediately.
#9: Harassing Staff: Harassment of any kind to-wards the staff will not, be tolerated. Any harassment of staff will result in the member being banned immediately.
#10: Commercial members such as brokers, agents, trucking companies, truck dealers, recruiters, professional writers, any type of sales or service may NOT advertise anywhere on this site in any way shape or form without prior approval from the Administrator.
#11: You may have only one account on this site. Any member that is found to have more than one account will be asked to decide which account they want to keep, all others will be deleted.
#12: Forum rules are: No posting of links, advertising, profane language, email addresses, phone numbers fighting, harassment, pasting of ANY type of codes for music, video or any other codes. The only exception is links to news stories and articles that are relevant to the site's content and purposes. Keep it ON the forum topics. Keep them clean! Any questions ASK me before you do it as I will ban ANYONE that violates the rules NO EXCEPTIONS!
#13 Personally identifiable information: Do not post your real name, address, social security, drivers license number, date of birth, email address or instant messaging program screen names on public areas of the site, use the private messaging program for personal information exchanges. This is very dangerous for you and for our members. Any public postings containing any personally identifiable information will be removed and the member is subject to being banned from the site.
#14 Blogs are for blogs which can be your personal web diary, thoughts, opinions etc. You may not post, advertising, recruiting, religious stories, news stories, emails, jokes, any commercial content such as experts from books that you or some one else has written, or albums, links or code that plays music or video, or that leads to another site that is in direct competition or references other sites that are in direct composition with Trucker Spaces.
#15 Bulletin Board announcements are not for the posting of blogs, thoughts, opinions etc. You may not post, advertising, recruiting, religious stories, emails, jokes, any commercial content such as experts from books that you or some one else has written, or albums, links or code that plays music or video, or that leads to another site that is in direct competition or references other sites that are in direct composition with Trucker Spaces.
#16 Pictures/Videos should be in good taste and keeping with the sites policies are terms of service. Any picture or video that a member post that is determined offensive or in poor taste will have those pictures removed.
Any required actions will be taken without warning to the offending member. This site is monitored 24/7 by staff. If you have any questions, please contact the Administrator or staff.